Jan 31: A new dawn at death
I was pretty tried yesterday, so I slept like a baby, but I had an unusual dream that partially woke me up. All I remember was my feeling. It started as warm comfort, then an almost awareness of impending danger or darkness. This was followed by an even stronger spiritually comfort of trust and protection. I know I am a missionary of the Lord and that he protects and guides us as we obey His will.
I was so very tired because yesterday we hiked up the biggest mountain in the Cavite province with two prospective missionaries. I t was so fun. I reminded me of all the times we hiked the mountains in Hawaii. I took a nap after so I was not too tired. The hike was so incredible I do not regret it. I did, however, stand under a waterfall without actually entering the water. So I got all wet, and I don't think I broke the no swimming rule. Let me know if I am justifying too much.
The previous day, Tuesday, we got into a minor accident. Our tricycle driver stopped in an intersection and must not have seen the oncoming motorcycle. So I watched as if in slow motion, the man jerk his brakes, but still flip into our tricycle. We were all fine, and the motorcyclist got up and was ok, but there was minor damage so they needed to talk about it. So as is the norm in the Philippines, other tricycles waved for us the abandon the first driver and ride with them. Since a crowd was not forming, we gave the driver our fare, although he only took us a few hundred feet, then rode to our area.
This lesson will never be forgotten. I was on exchanges in Trece with Elder Pascual. We had three members with us during a lesson teaching a less-active family's daughters to prepare them for baptism. The parent were baptize in the 80's by an Elder Colton from New Mexico, but somehow went in active. We were teaching them the Gospel of Jesus Christ, when a returned sister missionary leaned over a beckoned me to read the text. I did not want to at first, but then read it as my companion was teaching. In English it went something like this: "Gordon B. Hinckley died Jan 27. We are crying together now." I could not believe it at first, but at the day went on, it slowly sunk in. We announced it at FHE on Tuesday night, and Ryan Bengo, our investigator replied, "Oh no!", but I took him that we are not worried because Christ is at the head of this church and will soon call another prophet.
It has been another great week. Our zone leader has cancer in his throat and will be operated on soon. I am grateful for you stories about tithing. I loved them, but the previous night I was thinking about how little I remember about my ancestors that first joined the church or those that sacrifice all they had to follow the prophet. Could you please tell me some stories about our ancestors so I might be about to share them with those we are teaching. I love you all.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought