Oct 17: All my days
I have now been is Dasmarinas for about 5 months. It is awesome because I love it here. In the past it has been one of the strongest zones in baptisms, but when I arrived, it was doing down. I have learns so much in striving to bring things back to where it was before. It is amazing to me how helpful goals really are in bring about effort and effectiveness. This transfer I have been blessed with an amazing companion who is happy, hopeful, and hard working. His optimism has already helped me. Elder Jones was in the MTC with Elder Hogan, my trainer, and they are both going home this transfer. I will be killing again. Because he is older than me, he is kind of taking over as the senior. I know it is a blessing, but it is a bit hard to step back after leading for a while. I expect to learn much more this transfer.
Because he does not know the area, one of the biggest blessings is that I get to work in my own area! with my own investigators! That makes me so happy. We are really trying to balance out our work more than we did in the past. Focus more on helping investigators progress rather than being over-zealous in finding. I already have seen the differences.
We have many people committed to come to conference this week. But only a few came. One of which was Bro. Molina. He loved it and felt the spirit although he did not understand much. I loved it also. It amazes me that I did not appreciate general conference as much as I should when I was younger. There was a lot of good stuff about families and missionary work.
Missionary work is the greatest duty. I count myself blessed to be numbered among those privileged enough to serve the Lord in this holy work. I will thank the Lord all of my days for this blessing. I will pray that my children will desire also to serve and when my mission ends. I will weep. May be hard to say that know, but even think of such almost brings tears to my eyes. Everyone that I meet will know I loved my mission. I love my family and I love the Lord.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought