Jan 23: A beautiful sunset
I cannot imagine doing anything better for the rest of my life, expect raising a righteous family. After two month of no really progress in our area, it seems it has just changed. I am a pretty outgoing elder, not quite the shy-type, but it seems that I have been lacking faith in the power of the gospel. Last Sunday, Elder Funaki, a Tongan, showed me what it means to go forth with faith. Not a hesitation or thought as he simple explains the gospel with joy and excitement. He and Elder Lopez, my third companion (that was a joyful reunion), worked with us for training purposes. Man, did I learn a lot.
A few days before Sunday, Rizal Robles, the drinker and came to church, stopped showing up, that then was not at church. We finally found him in a somber mood of depress because his family did not want to listen to us. He just kind of gave up. We are still working with him, but it sure is not going as planned. Jack, the other dunk, drank again, well, about every day so far, but at least came to church. We have a good plan to help him, if he will only stop drinking enough for us to teach him.
I am happiest about the Quezon family. They almost stopped… actually, they did stop, but then let us come back a few days later. They accepted a baptismal date, and were reluctant about coming to church until we told them we would bring members and introduce them so they know people at church. After that they had no problem agreeing to attend church. After we came him a goal date for baptism, he asked, "Will you still be here?". I sure hope so.
I love you all. Mom and Dad, could you tell me a story about how you have see the law of tithing bless you life?
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought