Oct 24: Joy in eternity
Boy, do I love my family. The prospect of eternally families really comes alive when those things of true worth become apparent. We have been having many miracles happen lately. But first let me explain why I think the work has change for me. My companions is amazing, Elder Jones. He was in the MTC with Elder Hogan, my trainer. Since becoming companions, I have realized my lack of hope. It was by no means a detectable extreme that left me void of such, but it just did not enjoy the work as much and I let things I cannot control worry me. Faith is dependent upon hope, so upon increasing my hope and, consequently, faith the Lord has been more able to show forth His hand in this work.
Elder Nobles talked to this old man we found. When I was working in the area, we returned and taught his married daughter. At that time, a neighbor said the she also wanted to listen, but for some reason was unable at the time or something. After returning later to the area, I found we were teaching the neighbor not too, Ani Delasantos. She was in fact much more interested and willing to ask. I saw as we were talking that first time that the Lord and been teaching her line upon line her entire life preparing her for this. Her life is harder than many, but her children as so cute and smart. Simply put, she is ready, but has many trials. Her husband, Ome Ramos (unmarried) is probably her biggest trials. We did not even teach him at first, he did not really read or pray, but I can now see they he has been progress, just slowly, and has come so far. The miracle lesson was on Monday. On Sunday, Ani came to church before we got there, but her husband and spent the night drinking so she was an emotional wreck. So on Monday, we finally taught the Word of Wisdom and they accepted it whole-heartedly. Ome's pray was even different at the end of the lesson. Our first visit with he, he pray for himself, short, somewhat forced, but this time he actually prayed for his family. All we are doing is living the gospel and then helping them live it. It changes lives!!!
That was just one miracle, but I know that many more will come. The miracle of the gospel is a happy strong family. That spoke of that so much in General Conference and I can see is so clearly now in my life. It has become my life and so my hope waxes stronger, especially for my eternally family whom I love.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought