October 31, 2007

Oct 31: Door-to-door candyless

Hello wonder family,

All I heard/saw about the bombing of Glorietta was from a quick glimpse at a TV when I walked into an investigators house. I think only 7 people died. It did not seem like to big of a deal here. As missionaries, we are not allowed to go into malls anyway unless we get permission from the mission president.

That new tradition sounds fantastic. My favorite food may just be lasagna. I have actually had it once here a few months ago at a leadership meetings at the mission home. It was glorious.

Mother, I hate to bring this up again, but it has been bothering me a bit. What shall I do about the essay? My mission is fantastic. Besides battling pride and the progression of my investigators and zone, school is by biggest worry now. I wish I could do more. Do we know when the deadlines are? I still need to apply for a fellowship (or whatever you call those programs where you work for the college and they pay for you tuition, like a scholarship but you work for it). I know that the holiday times are busy so I am sorry.

Bro. Molina will not be getting baptized yet. He is quite forgetful. That started after he fell out of a mango tree and blood poured out of his nose. He did not seem to forget that, but apparently sometimes forgets that smoking is evil. His wife talks to us more now.

We have been teaching this family now for a few weeks now that is amazing, but rough off. Like many here, the five of them live in a house the size of a one-car-garage. Sister Ani used to work as a caddy, but got sick. Bro Ome just washes cars that drive by his house. He makes about 200 pesos a day (4 dollars) which is barely enough for them to live day to day. If he does not work that day, they don't eat. They have been trying to attend church now for the last few weeks with many obstacles. It spite of the many challenges in life, they are a testimony that true happiness comes from living the gospel in the family. They are quitting smoking together; reading the Book of Mormon together daily; praying; and just involving the Lord in their lives' more than before. I fear that the speed of everyday life will restrain my goals of being super-family oriented when walk those steps one day.

Our zone is struggling a bit right now. We are working hard to life their vision and help them see what is possible if we put are trust in the Lord and the work at it. There are so many missionaries here I have grown to love it makes transfer painful. My companion, Elder Jones, is going home so I expect to be here another few month. I would love to spend Christmas here.

I sure love working in my own area again. Elder Jones is the one going on exchanges everyday so I get to work with our investigators everyday. I am amazed still at how wonderful my mission is. I will never regret this choice. Love you all.

0 Thoughts:

Add a thought