Jan 2: Not another year!
We were once again instructed to retire to our apartments early New Year's Eve. I was on exchanges with a brilliant elder from Alaska who is struggling a bit, so when we got home, we spent more than an hour talking about trusting in the Lord, diligence, and humility. It was a great talk. Afterwards, all four of us got together and told stories from past. I felt a bit bad because Elder Talal, my old companion and the only Filipino in the apartment, did not really talk much, but we tried to involve him.
I don't know if it is hazardous to our health, but we roasted marshmallows with forks on our propane stove, then ate them with the delicious cookies you sent. I took pictures, but the computer I am using has not USB so I can't upload them to the FTP. We went to bed at the usually time (10:30PM) and were then woken up just before midnight. If Elder Phillips had not woken up and turned on the lights, I would have attempted to sleep through the noise – it was crazy, like a artillery machine gun right outside the window. I am again assigned to a rural area so we had only a fraction of the excitement/terror you experienced. The next morning we awoke, went to district meeting, and continued the Lord's work. It was transfer meeting, but thankfully no elders in our apartment got transferred, because I love them all.
Time is short, but I love you all and am so happy to hear your papers are about set for you mission Ben. There is still more preparation. Learn to submit to the Lord's will. It sounds easier than it is.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought