Jan 9: A crazy party
There is an enormous need in the world for people who seek the good and are anxious to do it. I for one was not so in my youth, but feel that it is becoming my life's pursuit. My mission has refined my goals. I know and feel that my greatest joy will come from living the gospel in my family.
This we there was a huge fiesta in our area, the entire city was celebrating a catholic saint. It was pretty crazy. Every house we stopped by feed us. At night they marched a big decorated statue up and down the road with a band following and people dancing. It was very detracting from the spirit of the Sabbath, not to mention all the little tents filling the streets, selling things. They even poured out into the courtyard of the Catholic Church, reminding me of Christ purging the temple. Well, we took advantage of the opportunity at set up a booth in a quieter part in town. That was how that pioneer family here found the church. They met the missionaries at a booth at a festival in Naic, a nearby city. The best part about it was that we had a bunch of members help us with the booth.
My companion is learning Tagalog so fast. His biggest struggle will probably be shyness. He is so smart, fun, and kind, but just not too aggressive. That has been good though, because it has taught me that I must be more brave, aggressive, urgent, but loving as I share this most needed message.
The greatest new I got this week is that my little brother will be a missionary!!! Don't waste a minute Ben, because the time is not yours. I also got so dang excited when I read an article in the Ensign about Bilgee's family. I miss him so please call him Nate and tell him I love him too.
Jack drank again. Church attendance has been down this holiday season, but my spirits are lifting higher.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought