September 05, 2007

Sep 5: A happy prayer

Lengthening ones stride is sometimes scary. That is our plan this transfer. We have set some great zone goals that will really push us. Our

Yesterday I was able to work with my kid, Elder Perry. He is a district leader in the zone so I worked with him at the beginning of the transfer. I have only had two American companions on my mission up to his point, Elder Hogan and Elder Perry, and I love them both. It was fun to work with Elder Perry last night. It is amazing how much he has improved, he can now say things in Tagalog and understand people. This last few months I have really realized the importance of finding so that is our focus in the zone: always find. While working with Elder Perry yesterday, we got to practice this. We taught a bunch of weird lessons and found many new investigators (all other lessons fell threw). The last one was the best. It was late so were just talking to people on the way home so we stopped at this house and the old lady was so nice that was just had to teach. She was with her old mother who was 86 years old and recovering from an illness. I started the prayer and while I was saying it they work mutter things like: "Yes, Jesus", "Oh, thank you." "Everyday", etc… I heard Elder Perry hold back his laughter, but then stated getting to me and I almost burst out in laughter in the prayer. It was a great lesson. The family has a lot of potentials. But on the ride home was laughed about it some more. It was fun.

I have not worked in my own area for a while now, but thing are good there. More than anything my mission is spectacular. Love you all.

0 Thoughts:

Add a thought