August 29, 2007

Aug 29: The seasons change

I expect this to be the best transfer yet. I am still with Elder Nobles which means I still have not learned what I've needed probably because of pride, but I expect to learn much and work extremely hard this transfer. It will be a family reunion each week at district meeting. With the trainer and trainee relasionship we make family trees and call eachother tatay (dad) and anak (son). Elder Hogan, tatay ko, just trained last transfer so I have a kapatid (brother) now who is Filipino whose name is Elder Akiatan. Then, Elder Perry just transferred to this zone. Many of the elders I love the most and now in my zone. And yet I am obliged to say focused giving my time to the Lord and not to my own personal desires. It will be too easy to just talk to them each week, but I cannot and will not because I have to help the rest of the zone. The zone has actually been on a decline, but my area is really been taking off with Elder Nobles charging like a race horse.

Last week we had almost all now investigators come to church. But it was still great. The mother of Jayson and Mary Ann Llado has now come to church for the last few weeks so we plan to teach her this week. The most humble family I have seen, Quillotes, just came to church, expect the wife and two small children. We truly were lead to him. We planned to find in his area one night, so the next day as we were walking down his road, we found no one who would listen, but the first ally way we turned down; there his was as if waiting. He did not work that day for some reason and was more than willing to have us back. That was a few weeks ago. They now read the Book of Mormon every night, pray, and the wife just read for the first time yesterday. His job is selling candy and cigarettes on the buses. With a heart so pure and anxious hands to follow God's will, he asked what he should do about his job. We just suggested he sells something else and he was excited for the change.

It was so sad yesterday. For the first time on my mission, I have had a companion go home – Elder Bondad, my beloved zone leader before and then my companion three months ago. Then this transfer, Elder Nobles will be going home. After than will be Elder Hogan and Elder Masangcay. I love my mission so much and cannot imagine it ever ending. It is everything to me right now. It will mean everything to me afterwards. My eternity will never be so effected. There has never been so much love at a home so far away because love comes from unselfish service. My life has changed because He loves and I love you.

0 Thoughts:

Add a thought