Vain pride
To complete a work that has taken enormous time and effort is extremely satisfying. School is one of those long problems that I have just solved. I finished my undergrad schooling and it is bliss to be done. I have been running so fast and hard with this problem thinking that when I complete it I will be slightly more caught up with everyone.
Now, I get this foolish pride that tells me I am almost caught up. Just the other day I realized that I have the same level of degree as my favorite high school calculus teacher. Foolish thinking I know because I am still so young an inexperienced. Life has taught him so many lessons I can only hope to learn. What I am trying to say is that it is weird for me to see that I have as much school as a number of successful people I know. Again foolish thinking because I see that I am defiantly not at their level. I lack something big that must make up the difference.
Thus, I must now learn that I am still no further than most people in life. I just have another silly paper; that is all.
1 Thoughts:
it's not just a silly paper and you know that. It's your ticket to bigger and better things. you can go to higher learning because of that piece of paper. And if you do well there you can come back and teach. :)
I'm sorry I missed your call. I really wanna talk once more before you go.
Add a thought