September 29, 2005

Best study tactic

The best way I have found to study lately is to read a chapter from the scriptures right before I start. Actually, I try to read every-time I get home or even think about it. I really lift life up.

I can see that time is slipping. Make haste.


  Forgotten echo
Hello, from far away.
Life is faint, but I still can see light.
Light is what holds me to this existence.
I am nothing without it, and so I choose to remain.
Not a spoiled state of confusion and mystery;
Something of simplicity and grandeur.
The light reveals a promising path.
Many paths have I to choose, but only one matters.
My goal is far and faded, but the end is clear in my mind.
I shall remain until I reach the object of my desire.
A meaningful life, a meaningful end.

5 Thoughts:

At 12:42 PM, September 29, 2005, Blogger Amanda/Mandie added...

Anon... anon things will come that you have hoped for, that you have worked hard for and that you desire.

Also, thanks for your comment and hugs. In general, thank you.

At 1:22 PM, September 29, 2005, Blogger Kelsey added...

i like the suggestion. I need to read more BofM if i'm gonna be done on time.

I like the poem. The ultimate light is God and the Gospel but he sends little sparkles to lead us in the short run, which is nice. I wouldn't survive without the sparkles.

At 3:18 PM, September 29, 2005, Blogger Su Chong added...

There is no end to virtue;
There is no end to might;
There is no end to wisdom;
There is no end to light.
There is no end to union;
There is no end to youth;
There is no end to priesthood;
There is no end to truth.

There is no end to glory;
There is no end to love;
There is no end to being;
There is no death above.

-Hymn #284-

It is written that "the course of the Lord is one eternal round"
..It always amazes me what it's like to have no beginning and no end to things..

It's a good thing that in this life, we have an idea of where to start and where to finish.
I guess our lives are filled with constant cycles of "starts and finishes" and it just goes on and on for eternity as we progress step by step: from one starting-finishing line to another starting-finishing line. what a concept!

Keep dancin' and finish in style

You've got style

'Ofa lahi latu,

Au.

At 11:32 AM, September 30, 2005, Blogger E.Marie added...

The beaustiful thing of going in circles there is a chance to try something again.
I know what you mean about reading just reading a chapter before i go to bed everynight has changed things so dramatically.
With light there is darkness with darkness there is light one cannot exsist without the other. (where am i coming up with this stuff these days)
Su love that hymn!!!
Justing keep studying hard you will do good and the lord will help you.
Hugs E

At 5:40 PM, October 07, 2005, Blogger Kelsey added...

here's another idea! study with someone who doesn't distract! :)

Add a thought