August 15, 2005

Deleted day

The day began with a simple 'why'.
My days never are too clear.
Congratulations to the sunrise:
It could never have been better.
A sound mind is a tight rope,
Which came to be very handy.
I walked just as I did before.
I eluted to nothing unusual.
There really was nothing unusual.
I was unusual; I was myself.
My mind was haunted with targets,
Targets that discourage and compel.
I never thought myself a good aim.
This skill is one I have yet to learn.
I spoke to those passerbys quietly,
For only reasons that I may know.
And I don't care to explain presently.
The callouses slowly growing upon my feet;
They were worked until fresh flesh remained.
I took no thought, accept thoughts of pleasure.
Pride is a direction I dare not go, yet it calls.
The sun was engulfing me with its searing arms.
I did not cower or back down to suck petty obstacles.
There was a distance target, not one nearby, that I must own.
I was a spectator to those that failed at embracing their needed target.
This, I could not let happen to me, and so I studied the terrain and even sky.
With such copious knowledge to be acquired in my long pursuit, a rest would be fatal.
But resting was vital to my health; I had to test and push myself to see my limits.
I have found that I have not found my limit yet, so my path continues pushing forward.
If only there was not just a map and a trail, but signs and escalators to carry me onward.
I was weary and wanting the root of my tender desires that have too often and too easily eluded me.
At this time I blew a kiss to a modest familiar lady that tipped her hat as I passed.
In a window I saw the reflection of an older gentlemen who's eyes looked somber and strongly intent.
This image of a man appeared to stride with a strong sense of purpose and with much luck at obtaining his target.
I thought myself much less and ever wanting; life is such: not to always be wanting, but to have always wantings.
This I know and for this I confess: I have strength that I know not and motives that I understand not, but I am not a man without needs.
Mice scavenge and hide knowing no other life, but I know better: I have lived heartily already notwithstanding my diluted directed; I have given.
The sun dips down and the darkness deepens.
This path I am on seems long and encumbering.
By the end of the day, I hope to sleep soundly.

2 Thoughts:

At 12:16 AM, August 27, 2005, Blogger Shaleen added...

Love it.

At 7:59 PM, August 27, 2005, Blogger Kelsey added...

well you're looking over my shoulder, well not really since my shoulders are flat on the couch but i think you get the point. ok you're looking over my whole body, it's like i'm a carpet, yes weird visual with that one too. i like typing on Max. he's cool. ok back to sife, i'm not validating you but i'm sure this wasn't written for me so who cares, but good. :)

Add a thought