August 05, 2005

Wise when waning

The last two weeks have gone so fast that I shall have to report them both at once. I've heard it said that time flies when you are having fun, and while that is most definitely true in my case, I would add that being busy sure does help it pass. Busy is what I have been.

At the beloved business of TongaSat, much has been accomplished. Last week I started the big push to complete the application I now call White Fin. In reality, I just started it last week and all the previous time spent on it can be accounted for in learning and planning. I was able to lay out the entire interface for the first version. This was necessary to do before any code can be written. This process is a little backwards from the typical approach to designing an application, but Visual Basic almost requires the interface be done before the code. This week, I began writing the code and adding the features. I would say that the beta version is about halfway complete and if anyone would like a buggy executable to see the progess, just email me the request.

TonFon is still there. I don't feel as productive and useful at TonFon because I am not doing anything that can be measured like at TongaSat, but I still like it. I think a task that they are trying to get us to do is help establish a new company network by reformatting all the computers to eliminate any viruses or unnecessary software and files. I am really getting along with the employee there. In fact, most of them are competent, friendly individuals. I collaborate mainly with the supervisors and the managers but still talk to and work with many of the technicians. Just the other day I went into a television division of TonFon to try something new. I got to see all the hardware and software they use to manage all their TV stations - I think they only have about four. TonFon is always expanding. It is not a company content with its measly market share. Thin makes it a fantastic place to learn.

In addition to my two main projects, I now must create a website for the Nation Centre for Women and Children (NCWC). They want it done by their second grand opening (they moved to a new building thus they are having another open house). I when into the center on Tuesday instead of TonFon - I did call TonFon to tell them - to get what they want and need. I will try to work on it this weekend and get it done. I don't know if I can, but the least I can do is try. It is another great opportunity to help so I am willing.

As for other events, the strike is still on. The strikers say that the hospital will be closed after tomorrow, but at least the airport is still up. I don't know what we would do if that to was closed. I will stop with the report because I could still go on much longer. Tonga is a small place but there is so much here.

7 Thoughts:

At 3:07 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger E.Marie added...

well keep working hard the summer is almost over. :D yea when your busy when your having fun and for some reason when your doing nothing but surfing the net the time will fly.
well see ya later this month and keep up the good work.
E :D

At 7:31 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger E.Marie added...

HEY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Right? Ok i cant sleep and since it is now august 5th where i am Im wishing you it. :D Have a great Day!!! see ya later E

At 3:29 AM, August 06, 2005, Blogger Shaleen added...

*sings* "It's your birthday! It's your bi-irthday, yes it i-is!! It's your bi-ir-ir-irthday..."*singing fades out*

Okay, enough of that, I hope you recongnize the tune!

Feliz cumpleanos mi amigo!!!

*hugs*

(If it's not actually today, 8-5-05, blame E. not me and think of it as an early b-day greeting!!)

At 3:56 AM, August 06, 2005, Blogger Kelsey added...

the hospital is gonna close!!!?? that is way worse than the airport closing silly!! so what if you're stuck there a little longer, you'll live, trust me. the hospital i'm not making any promises to any of those ppl! they better fix whatever they want so that can open. life is exciting. laters bugger!

At 8:06 AM, August 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous added...

Happy Birthday man! Keep it real, and keep safe! Love ya, bro. Later!

-MAL

At 8:13 AM, August 09, 2005, Blogger a man from Saipan added...

Thanks folk.

At 6:34 AM, August 10, 2005, Blogger Amanda/Mandie added...

Wow, I'm way behind on the birthday boat, but still, happy year old friend. :) Good luck with things in Tonga, I can tell you've loved it. See ya's.

Add a thought