July 20, 2005

Life rocks like the sea

I am half way home, and on my own.

This week started of wonderfully with work, but then ended with difficultly. I was just about to begin working on the interface for White Tail, the application I am creating for them (they wanted to name it White Tail last year so I am just continuing it, although I might change the name later), but then my computer began to have a number of strange problems like network adapters being undetectable and the network not working at all. In any event, I spent about day time working on fixing the daft machine by running virus and disk scan, looking through help menus and trouble-shooting and such until I gave up. Chris, the primary stakeholder for White Tail and the man I report to here at TongaSat, is trying to get some guy they always use to come in and look at it. However, not all my time was ill spent. I spent a few valuable hours with Chris learning what he wanted from the application, basically completely planning out the project. I also helped in optimizing the analysis process, making his job easier, thus mine. I also spent extra time learning a bit more about Visual Basic.

The work at TonFon was also a little slower this week. Poini, one of the guys I work with there, taught me how to enable a customer for the Internet by enabling there MAC and IP address after the costumer's computer is connected. This would allow him to go out himself and do migrations to the new system. He ended up staying leaving me waiting to do nothing. The next time he actually did leave, but they needed to be able to call me so I could input the addresses. I don't have a phone. He was doing to call someone else at the office to get a hold of me. That did not work out, but learned some stuff on my own and thought Fa'e binary numbers and operations. I think I will spent the next week working on a database that they need, or else shadowing someone that is doing something critical to the operation of TonFon's network.

Personally, life is great. I was told by the Bishop's wife that I need to find a Tongan girlfriend. I asked her when I should and she told me to find one soon. I just laughed. In addition, to my calling to get a Tongan girlfriend, I am now helping out with the Young Men. I don't know if it is an official calling, but it does not have to be official. The Bishop asked me to work with the young men on their Duty to God requirements and help teach the Quorum President and the young men leadership and gospel principle that they can take back home with them. I am humbled by this responsibility. It is nothing huge, but I am glad to be able to help out. I went to a couple of other dances this week. I am working on self improvement, something that is always needed.

Success will come!

4 Thoughts:

At 10:09 AM, July 19, 2005, Blogger E.Marie added...

work hard the summr is nearing its end.
And those are some wierd foods. Had octpus yet?

At 1:28 PM, July 19, 2005, Blogger a man from Saipan added...

I have had octipus. I just did not put it down because it is not a novelty for me anymore. I have had it a bunch as well as a number of other things I no longer consider exotic.

At 3:27 PM, July 19, 2005, Blogger Kelsey added...

do you think you could proof-reed? ehhehe. it's a good thing we can all figure out what you mean cause sometimes you just don't type that.
i'm glad life is good.
working with young men eh? that's interesting cause you're only barely out of that aren't ya? Youngin'

At 11:10 AM, July 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous added...

hey man, that's true that life is good, and i'm glad that it seems to be a world wide feeling. if it makes you feel any better, i'm the young single adults' leader here in the ellsworth branch and guess what, i'm the second-youngest single adult. (the girl that's younger than me doesn't come to any of out activities!) it's an awesome group though. well man, i'm glad you had fun in tonga. keep in touch!

Add a thought