Speaking quite literally
Trying exotic food this like a trophy on the mantle. I have eaten dog. Funny, but I did quite like it. It tasted like roast with a bit different of an after taste paste. Eat it with salt and some mashed potatoes and you have yourself an American meal. Just don't tell the guests that it is Lassy.
Another animal I got to try which might even be a bit more controversial. Maybe even illegal in some places: turtle. This was ever interesting as well. I was told by my island friend back in Saipan where turtle is still illegal to kill, that turtle meat can sometimes warm you up inside. Also, that it is like three types of meat in the same animal. Different parts taste quite differently. In the process of eating it, which I quite enjoy, I came across a weird bit of meat that looked like stomach lining or some other strange tissue (it was organic though, at least I hope so). I figured, "Hey, its just turtle, keep cracking at it." So I through it in my mouth and found that it had a very very strong taste that can best be described to uncultured people as bile. Yes, it had a bile like bit to it. Not enjoyable at all, I felt that if I moved I would loose all my well earned food. Moving very slowly, I extracted the vile piece of a turtle from my mouth and put it with the rest of the fat, bone, and grissle that I could not bare to ingest. I had a harder time enjoy the rest of the turtle after that incident. Yet, still a trophy earned.
Just two sweet meats I got to eat. I have many more to tackle in the future.
3 Thoughts:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turtle IS illegal. It should be illegal in Tonga too because they are an endangered species throughout the world!!!! I can't believe you took part in such a barbaric act! ugh! So you ate some weird tasting part of the turtle huh...well that's what cha get for eating an endangered animal..you..you..animal!
Anyway, I like how you spelled "through" instead of "threw"..dunno why that caught my attention...I think Fei and I were discussing our pet peeves 3 nights ago and spelling errors must have been one of hers =)
Peace
sweet action! i feel bad for the turtle only because it is endangered but i'm totally up for eating weird foods anytime. c'mon my fave dish to this day is still haggis! oh i luv that stuff, but it can't be made right in america, and i doubt it can me made on an island.
sweet action! i feel bad for the turtle only because it is endangered but i'm totally up for eating weird foods anytime. c'mon my fave dish to this day is still haggis! oh i luv that stuff, but it can't be made right in america, and i doubt it can me made on an island.
Add a thought