Tiny dancer
I enjoy climbing trees. It is a work of nature that can carry you off the ground and almost into the sky. There is something to getting a firm grip on a branch and pulling yourself one foot higher than you would have gone without the limb. The success and feeling it brings appeals to my sense of purpose, because tree aren't made to climb like a latter or a staircase. Being not only up with nature, but in it and on it is quite relaxing. It soothes the soul, comforts the mind.
However, somehow this man last night did not understand that and he called security on me when I was climbing a banyan tree. It was a big tree and I was by myself making noise up near the top so it is understandable to be suspicious, but hey I did not see any signs that say, "No climbing the trees" like the signs that say, "One way" or "No skating, biking, scooters, etc...". So I can climb the tree when I dang well want to. I understand that I am responsible if I hurt myself. I will not blame the school. Yet security does not believe me. They made me get out of a tree a month ago, and I still have not forgiven them (well maybe forgiven, but not forgotten). Or when Campus Security did not let us play on the soccer field at night because we could hurt ourselves. It was not even curfew!
I am responsible enough to be responsible for my actions. I do not need someone telling me, "You can't do that, it is dangerous!". Maybe remind me but do not command. I have gotten this far on my relatively good judgment.
Excuse me, I have went off on a tangent. So to finish the story of me in the tree. Security, had not come yet, but he did call them. So I got down and he said, "Oh, your a student." Like who else would I be. So he said he would tell security that is was nothing and I went back to watching "Mask of Zorro" with my friends.
I will not stop climbing trees though. It is way to liberating to give up.
7 Thoughts:
question: does it make a difference if you were a student or not? i'm really curious what this man was thinking? like you're a terrorist? hehe
by the way i love that song.
Never give up! Never surrend those things that you find joy in. In the end, is it really worth it to adhere, if it were a rule, to not climbing when it brings such comfort and relaxation?
Stay you Saru-kun... you're great the way you are.
Yea after climbing a little bit last night. I remembered how much fun I used to have. You climb those trees and dont let anyone stop you. Being free is so much mor important.
Climb all you want to, if it makes you feel free. If we never did anything dangerous we would never progress. If we never took risks we would never get anywhere. We'd be living in a world of cliches... and that would suck.
And Stuff,
~Vasu
wait you where in a tree, where was I and who has my dvd anyway.
I have your DVD Judge, we got it the next day when we went and watched Hackers.
And Stuff,
~Vasu~
Add a thought