December 26, 2004

Evolution of life

Darwin's idea of evolution is phony.

Evolution is real in one sense though. The one instance of evolution I am referring too is the evolving aspect of it and by evolving I am specifically mean evolving for the better or improving. We should all be trying to improve ourselves. That is what I have been trying to do lately. I says 'trying' because I has not been as successful as I would have wished.

Almost everyone has goals. Some may say they do not, but if a person has any achievement then they have goals. Goals are what motivate us to change, improve, become better. It has been said that a unwritten goal is no more than a wish. Well, I believe that to be only partially true. Everyone has goals, no matter how deep within the subconscious; hopefully, it will be a motive that helps one improve (for the better).

A new year is at the doorstep and with that comes that infamous 'New Year's Resolutions'. I have never really done them. In fact I used to find them phony. There is some truth to the notion. I am trying to become better but I it does not come easy. I takes work, which is a thing that I do reluctantly.

Enough banter.

I find personal changes hard. Not so much the changing, but the gradual process. You are constantly living, so it take an extremely conscious effort to change because it has to be on you mind almost constantly.

Now I see (or just remembered), the best way to do this is to do as the scriptures say and "pray always". If one is praying always then they are always thinking about Him. Thus, one should always be thinking WWJD ('What Would Jesus Do", the Christian equivalent to CTR, "Choose The Right"). I don't always like to mix religion with things of a secular nature, but if one tries to separate it too much, all the benefit from religion is lost.

There are many benefits to religion.

Once again this has helped clear my mind of the dust that has been floating about, although it might not of come out as clear. A clear mind is a happy mind.

10 Thoughts:

At 9:07 PM, December 27, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous added...

You little git! hehe 
Voiced by Capt. Caf

At 9:08 PM, December 27, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous added...

I just created a new comment interface. I don't know why I did it since I do not exspect much traffic. 
Voiced by Justin

At 9:13 PM, December 27, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous added...

How phony do you think Darwin's idea of evolution? I have been collecting information about his evolutionn theory and how it is remain theory but not a real history. 
Voiced by dk

At 12:58 PM, December 28, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous added...

im in tauyoun it is south of taipei. Did you go home for christmas? Glad that you were able to clear your mind and hey goals just need to be done sometimes. well see ya when i get back.  
Voiced by E

At 2:55 PM, December 28, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous added...

ok one that has to do with the blog. Evoloution does exist. the problem with Darwin's idea was that he didn't really know HOW it all worked. He didn't know about genes and all that, he had no way! No we didn't evolve from monkeys but Darwin never says that does he? 
Voiced by Capt. Caf

At 3:23 PM, December 28, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous added...

FINALLY! A CS Major who knows what he's doing. I need your help in modifying the hacks so they works like yours. I tried to do this before too, and because they overlapped and I know nothing about javascript, I was left helpless. You put me to shame.

All hail the man from Saipan!!!!

(on condition that you help me out with my blog, of course) 
Voiced by Faye

At 9:47 AM, December 29, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous added...

Evolution, in my opinion, is much like the Apostasy. Wait for it, I have good reason to relate such things. Well, if one were to think about it, the Apostasy came about and knowledge was lost with the apostles' and Christ's death, and Darwin's theory is for the most part complete yet without guidance from Heavenly Father, it could never really be completely accurate. Evolution, in regards to a person becoming better,is inherently good. We are to progress as much as we possibly can in this life right? Well, progress and evolution are seen as synonyms. The evolutionary state of a living thing is one that continuously improves itself or it's species which is in turn progress for that species.

Well, all this drivel comes to head as this simple ending thought: No matter where we are in life, there is always something we can work on to better ourselves. 
Voiced by Amanda

At 4:49 PM, December 31, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous added...

Another post that has nothing to do with your blog but that's alright?
check your skool email. 
Voiced by Capt. Caf

At 11:54 AM, January 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous added...

Thanks for the well wishes bro. I like the new look. I'll be seein' ya in Hawaii pretty soon. Keep up a good attitude always... then you can't help but make yourself better. If you're confused, ask me in person.
--
Keepin' it believably unreal,
Mike 
Voiced by Mike

At 9:13 PM, January 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous added...

Evolution happens when you don't want it to. Everything changes, whether we expect it, want it, work for, or work against it. Why? Why cannot I live in Neverland where I wouldn't have to worry about feelings because they don't exist? I would say Why can't I be a Fairy but in the sense of emotions I believe I already am. I wish things didn't have to change sometimes. I want to go back in time. But maybe I'm just looking through rosy lenses. It might not have been that good before. I'll never know because I'm way to bias on the subject. 
Voiced by Capt. Caf

Add a thought