The end has come!
Yes, the end has come and I have returned from the pathetic death from school.
You see, the last week or two of finals was quite hellish, if I am permitted to say so. I almost killed myself (not really only work overload) or even worse, lay down in defeat. I had the craziest finals week of my life. Everyday, I was either doing a final, preparing a final, making coloring-books (SIFE), or catching up on sleep. Every-night, I was preparing for a final, making coloring-books, or thinking about sleeping.
Yes, it was bad. I really like sleep and somehow that week was able to deprive me of it. I found that I really don't like myself when I am so tried. I think it is called depression. Sleep deprivation breeds depression. Verily, I don't believe that I have ever really gone through depression, excluding the occasional stress streak, but finals showed me a glimpse of this freakish psyche.
Anyhow, finals sucked now we are on to better things as life is full of them. I am now at home on my island with most my family. Not all because one brother is on a mission and the other is at coming back from school this weekend. I can relax, eat, sleep, and recover from school - a harder semester is coming. I have things to do yet I don't care to do them. This is one of life's biggest battles.
I think that schools educate the wrong way. It focuses too much on all the facts and not enough on the knowledge and understanding of the subject. Sure, they say that you get the facts down and the rest will come with experience. Well, what if you get the understanding down first? Wouldn't that be a great structure to file all the facts in that are to come? Some of my teachers say "memorize it first and you will understand it later". If one truly understand it, then he or she need not memorize it. This does not completely apply to all subjects.
I am not suggesting that memorization be abolish, although it does sound pleasant. I am suggesting that it might be better to focus on teaching the underlaying principles, and the rest should naturally follow. Lets say vocabulary. Teaching it blows and learning is worse because it revolves around memorizing the definition and usage. Well, instead of memorizing the word, teaching the the part of speech and meaning of the root word, suffix, and prefix would enable a person to learn the word, as well as, break new words done and decipher them.
I am just a man full of vain ideas that many other people before me have already discovered. This is no new idea nor is it the best - there might be better - but some things just need to be learned more often then others. Stupid people forget fast.
I finish this long blog about that which has everything to do with nothing besides school and my simple life and thoughts. My blog are only as clear as my thought are at the time. This explains my state of mind.
1 Thoughts:
You're killin' me boy...
Voiced by Capt. Caf
Add a thought