White and grey
Some people see the world in black and white. Some people see the world in black and grey. Some people don't even look at the world. I do, and I see white and grey. Or it would be better put to say that I try to see the world in shades of white.
It is important to be optimistic. You are what you think. Everything that happens to a person's life is filtered though his or she perspective. A simple tease can be misinterpreted and taken as put down. Much of what a person is, is determined by this state of mind. It is healthy to be positive and optimistic.
Crap happens in this world. It is nice to see someone that keeps pushing on though. I want to be one that does not give up. I an trying to be someone that is optimistic enough to move on whenever possible yet realistic enough to realize the truth. There is a sensitive balance to these mind states. Balance, rationing, and discretion is what personal character is all about. Yet, still I type rather than doing the sensible thing and put these ideas to practice.
I will think another day and many times in between.
8 Thoughts:
Shades of white? I never thought white could have shades. I am a man and have not the eye for colors. I think of the world as grey. Why, well cause I think everything has it's time and place. The lord is in control and somethings happen for reasons we don't understand. I do everything I can to be the best that I can be. I also encourgae others to do like wise, while understanding that my right is most likely not your right.
the only problem with my right at the moment is i'm not so sure about it. I don't like not knowing what to do next. it is nice to clear your head with someone sometimes.
well then let it out. Screem from the roof tops. Despite what people woul have you think, there is nothing wrong with shouting in public. Toss a donut, tip a glass, push someone over, give a random stanger a hug and just go a little crazy. It's ok to be unsure and it's ok to ask for help. It's also ok if I don't have the answer for you, or at least I hope it is.
This is the deal: every action or every act can be broken down into smaller parts or aspects. These aspects can then be considered black and white.
For example: A white lie. The act of lying with the intent to not hurt someone is a good maybe white act, but the lie is obviously black because the truth says so.
It is always better to dwell on the white. That is why I encourage Vasu to try and write happy things. Not that I am against expressing emotion, but one should focus on the light then things get lighter.
Don't know if I exactly explained my thoughts, but that is why I write, to learn how. I explain better in person.
Hey dont forget the colours man. And being optimistic is important. I found out last year that someone would miss my smile when we graduated i didnt even realize i had been smiling all year long. (It was kind of a depressing year.) So even when we are down it is best to smile for the people around us.
Well... one could argue that the shades of grey are those colors for us colorblind people. We are given the Gospel, and instruction on how to live it. Therefore, I say we live it to the best of our abilities. The Lord will help us out in the end when we fall short. He went through the Atonement for us. There is little reason for us to be sad.
As I realized in a discussion I had with Judge a while back, the message we are given in chruch about how well things are going isn't all is well in Zion, it's that in spite of the negative around us, we have the Gospel and it is a light in our lives. Learn to live it fully, and we should not allow pessimism or depression into our lives if we can help it.
Realism is a toughy for me. To my heart and soul I'm an idealist. I keep hoping that people will wake up one day and realize that the best way to live life isn't in dwelling on the varying shades of grey, but to see the white and emulate it. That one day, people will realize that selfishness gets them nowhere truly valuable in life.
Exactly!
it's gotten me pretty far.
Add a thought