March 30, 2005

A layman's path

I awoke one day to see myself
I was in fact the same person that slept
Long ago I was a different me
Now, it seems nothing has changed
I sleep to wake and think to change
I see nearby, nothing is different
But off yonder it looks so new
Sometimes I try to look beyond
Yet I trip and pass many scenes
Other times I shuffle and search
Wanting more but missing less
The only reflection I see is me
Stareing here or there, neither suffices
There is no path between them
If I enjoy this stride then the next
I miss not the moment at hand
Yet the future comes steps closer
And I think that the little difference
Will amount to a lot in the distance
I appear no different than yesterday
I will be better thereafter

3 Thoughts:

At 4:59 PM, March 30, 2005, Blogger E.Marie added...

Thats amazing. sure makes the brain start to turn.

At 8:12 PM, March 31, 2005, Blogger Kelsey added...

It's always interesting to look back and see how much you've changed over the years. yet then sometimes you see you have the same failings you once had. it's easier when you're with some than others. You think you've conquered that trial. you think you're better than that because it wasn't a problem at all for so long. then it hits you and you're back were you started. I hate seeing i haven't changed.

At 12:52 PM, April 01, 2005, Blogger Vasu Chetty added...

The past sucks if you don't learn from it. Nice poem Justin.

Add a thought