Mar 12: The sound of silence
I never would have imagined I could teach and baptize someone it sign language. Kathy came with us to the temple today and walked around outside and visited the PBO while we were in a session. She is such an exciting person and she really loved the temple. Andrew is a recent convert who also came with us earlier. He has had a rough week. His brother visited from Canada and almost forced Andrew to leave the church. We prayers were answered when Andrew got the courage to fight his brother.
The Martinez family has seen miraculous changes in their lives. The gospel is the secret to a happy life and family. I can see no better gift for my children. It is so simple, but Bro. Martinez now spends more time at home rather than wandering outside with neighbor friends. The joy and love has noticeable increased in their home. The Lord has blessed me so much here on my mission.
Yesterday, we had interviews with President, so I asked him what he thought about me going to Cebu after the mission. Simple put, you much know where you want to go, then move in that direction. I know I want to go to graduate school and need more experience in research and such academics. I also feel that the chances are good that I will return to the Philippines some day so the project in Cebu may lead to valuable contacts. President does not have much time because he has to interview everyone, after everyone got finished, went back in to ask a difference kind of question. It was about making one's calling and election sure. He did not tell much about that because he did not know much, but he did spend another 20 minutes discoursing with me other such topics such as ordinances, agency, and temple symbolism. How rich he is in knowledge of the truth that comes only from a lifetime of pondering the doctrines you one's heart. I could not have picked a better Mission President myself.
Prefect love chases away all fear.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought