Slippage
New house, new ward, new classes, new job, and my heart has been light. However, time is slipping away and I feel no closer to actually being ready for a mission. I have so much to do yet so little time.
My heart is gaining weight; not fat (not yet). I see all the has to be done I sometimes I just don't even want to begin.
Concerning life: The house the I have almost finally moved into it great. Actually, it is more of a garage, but I have practically the entire thing to myself. I was truely blessed to find most my furniture for really cheap or free. I have not yet set everything to its proper place, but I intend to soon. I really need to organize my life and that is a good place to begin.
The new jobs are am undertake should really go well. My main job to be a research assistant for a psychology professer; one and the same as the man who's garage I am renting. The research we are doing is fantastic. I am really excited about the posibilities and the things we can prove. We are tackling some big theories. Part of this job is that I also maintain the psychology department's website. I don't really care for it much, but I should be some good experience. I will actually be redesigning it from a school template since the university is trying to standardize their website. My other job is being a TA (Teacher's Assistant) for some computer science classes. I will be teaching CS 202 for the next two weeks since the teacher is gone. Teaching will be a good experience.
School and classes are just as trenuous if not more than ever. I am taking a class from an undesireable teacher. In addition, I just have some plane old hard classes. I hope to survive the semester with my sanity still intact.
My social life is diminishing, yet I think I should let it. I really don't want to. There are so many peope that I want to hang with. I canot or more appropriately, I should not. I have a lot of really good friend and it pains me to have to give some of it up.
I hope it will work out better in the end.
4 Thoughts:
it will. everything will be wonderful soon and you'll wonder why you were so stressed and worried in the first place. social lives can be slightly maintained online. that's my plan.
I think we are all kind of dropping our social lives... i know at least im not an insomniac anymore and just want to make sure i do well in classes. but yea we are all busy.
keep working hard and well elder chetty said to tell erika to start reading the mission library maybe you should to. :)
Laters see you at whatever the next SIFE thing is.
Seems we all are discovering this bridge we crossed a while ago unbeknownist to us huh? E with her accumulating responsibilities, Kels turning to having an online social life. Me full of work. I'm watching some footage shot in Kiribati while Pres. Shumway went there, and holy cow, it's amazing. One of the perks of the job ya know? I must say that I'm stoked you got a cell phone. I'll be sure to take you up on your offer to do lunch sometime. Take care.
i miss people most at night...i can't decide if that's a push for me to go to sleep or not...
Add a thought