May 16, 2005

Upon request

Last wish
I willingly submit me to myself;
Honestly, I know not why sometimes.
I know I am am made from two components,
A disposition to swing a certain way,
And experience that prunes me into me.
Trying to be my best self is a goal I have.
Sometimes goals are forgotten;
Sometimes goals are superseded.
This best self does not exist in one form.
I make it as does a tree grows flowers.
I make it as does a bush grows thorns.
Often times it is me getting in the way.
I stop and slow the progress I start,
For this I truly despise myself;
I don't loath who I am,
Only why I can't leap these stupid hurtles.
These self manifesting hurtles.
I may someday conquer me.

5 Thoughts:

At 2:10 AM, May 17, 2005, Blogger E.Marie added...

we all work alot on trying to find ourselves...

At 9:34 PM, May 17, 2005, Blogger Vasu Chetty added...

If we're better tomorrow than we are today, imagine what we'll be in a thousand tomorrows, it's what we'll be in a thousand and one todays. Line upon line, precept upon precept. And remember, don't try and run before you can walk. Baby steps Justin.

At 3:52 AM, May 18, 2005, Blogger Shaleen added...

Boy do I know that feeling.

At 5:29 PM, May 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous added...

Hey Just, will you do me a really big favor? Check your email. I have a question! THANKS! ;)

-Mal

At 7:39 AM, May 21, 2005, Blogger a man from Saipan added...

Just for you Mal.

Enjoy the silence.

Add a thought