May 26, 2005

I found it!

In actuality, I have not found it. I am still looking for it and I imagine that I will not find it for a while. It is the process, you see. This is a thing that can not be found and kept. It is a item that must be continually seeked.

I return from a wonderful trip to the middle of the USA, KC MO. Our SIFE team went to present on the sucess of our projects. The event was quite filling and yet I am still at a loss. There are things, people, and activities that I missed while away that I can never make up. Such is the way of life. Too many things are muttually exclusive and too many people don't understand that fact. I know that I just ignore it sometimes - to do what I want to do - all for the moment.

Although I gained much, I am lacking more. I crave and pine and reach all for the wrong places. Progress must be my motto, my creed, and I must not release it from my grasp. Hold tighter, squeeze harder, but never relent.

7 Thoughts:

At 6:48 PM, May 27, 2005, Blogger Su Chong added...

Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.
Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.
Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.
Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.
Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.
Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.
Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.
Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.
Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.
Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.Thought.

...just a few thoughts for you..
(since you were complaining about your readers not responding to your posts)...but now you know why you shouldn't complain - sometimes, it's just that our Thoughts are useless to you...

At 7:12 PM, May 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous added...

Nothing must be continually seeked, everything can be attained. If we can attain perfection we can attain and achieve find anything.

At 8:48 AM, May 28, 2005, Blogger E.Marie added...

Life is a crazy process isnt it. We had so much fun in Kansas city didnt we, and it was a good experience. Working harder is always tuffer but it is worth it. See you round.

At 5:50 PM, May 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous added...

you were complaining about people not leaving thoughts on your blogs?! people leave thought on every blog you've written! what's wrong with you!

anyway, what is it exactly you were searching for? (or is that too personal a question?) hey, did you know that "Eureka" means "I found it".

Here's a quote for you: "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

so true. i know i say this a lot... but once again, i agree with vasu when he says if we can obtain perfection then we can obtain anything. makes sense to me. but i know what ya mean when ya say "this is not a thing that can be found and kept. it is an item that must be continually seeked." there are some things that are like that in this life. things that we may only achieve in the next life, but that we may continually seek after in this one.

good luck!

At 4:41 PM, May 30, 2005, Blogger Vasu Chetty added...

I always thought that Eureka was the name of Archimedes' wife. I guess now it means "I found it".

Lol, at the Asimov quote. That guy and Orson Scott Card got me into sci-fi literature. Foundation blew me away, first book to ever stupefy me (in a good way) =P.

I don't think I know anyone else who agrees with me so much. And yes, I agree with your statement, we seek even perfection in this life (because we were told "be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in Heaven is perfect") but we can not achieve that until the next life.

My statement was basically referring to a close friend of mine, he is Bahai (a religion). He is such a great guy, doesn't smoke or drink, very close to his family and friends and is always so nice. Well, Bahai's believe that life is a neverending road, that perfection is something we want to achieve but are never able to and I don't like to believe that I'm trying to attain the unattainable. I have faith that there is much more to my life than that. I guess that's why I was so adamant that we can achieve everything, because I have been taught that with God nothing is impossible.

I'm not sure exactly what Justin is referring to, but I guess it depends on what he refers to as to what context my statement applies.

At 4:55 PM, May 30, 2005, Blogger a man from Saipan added...

I tease Su a bit about comments and such and look how it blows up in my face. I was just giving her a hard time about not leaving comments on anyones blog, because she only does rarely.

I should re-title my post name to 'Eureka'. It is a better word anyway, but I will not.

I think I knew a number of people that were of the Bahai faith. I really respect them because they actually followed their religion unlike most the people in this world that clam a devotion and are not really devoted. Alas, the follies of man.

At 9:30 AM, May 31, 2005, Blogger Vasu Chetty added...

Yeah, I see a lot of similarities between Bahai and Mormons. My friend went on a lot of youth activities and read a lot of scriptures. Although I believe the Bahai faith reads from scriptures of all different religions, trying to get the best from all of the works, which is a beautiful principle in some respects.

Add a thought