I better not die young!
I spent most of my Saturday at some school dedication. Sounds like fun? Yeah, let me give you some NPR with that boredom. I just slept through most the ceremony stuff. It is how I cope with most of my problems.
I will go into a bit a detail to show that it was not entirely back. Just ninety-five percent of it! It was a ceremony to dedicate the king’s high school, the best school in Tonga. Supposable all hand picked students and teachers, because hey, he is the king. It was all in Chinese or Tongan, which did not increase the presentations attractiveness. China basically built it for them for the king’s birth-day or something (probably so score some big points with a small country). It was invitation only but they did not check for our invitations.
The highlight was afterwards, a huge luncheon. Like more edible, prepared food then I have ever seen in my life! Like enough seats for two thousand people and all the food was stacked on the table, waiting to be eaten, by me. But not yet! We all had to wait about an hour for the king to come. Where the crap did he go?! He could not just come over with the rest of us.
In any event, I got lucky and sat next to this old man that was drinking. When he was only a fourth of the way into the bottle he was fine, but after he ended up talking loudly through the entire prayer, the police came and took him out. As he was leaving he leaned over to Bro. Miller and said, "Doctor, they say I am being a disturbance. What do you think?" The answer was yes! He wanted me to be his apostle and spread his good word, the good word of god, his booze. I just sat there silently humoring him with my laughs. That is what he wanted anyway.
Also, while I was sitting with all this tempting food in front of me, I saw something that looked like a large pig run right behind me. I was uncertain initially because we were under a crowded tent in long aisles, but it was a pig. It got to the end of a row and was cut off by some people, so instead of stopping in turned and rammed some old lady. It was appeared to be trying to climb up her. She soon pushed it aside and everyone made way so it left.
We ate, talked, la da da, and we left.
I saw the blow holes later on the west side of the island and that was dang cool. I can't begin to describe it without bantering for another couple of paragraphs. So I conclude now.
6 Thoughts:
I know what you mean the island life rules. hope your keep having a good time and dont eat to much. see ya laters
Justin, you're such a guy. It's SO easy to tempt you with FOOD! I betcha you would have tried to eat that live pig if it had showed up before they let y'all eat all that food on the table!..lol..
And I'm not sure if I trust you about that dedication being boring. so you slept through the whole ceremony...like you don't sleep through EVERY meeting, devotional, church and class that you attend anyway? =P You fa'a mohe..hehehe..
Anywayz, I wonder how China got in the picture...hmm..this is proof that we, Chinese, are slowly taking over the world MWAHAHAHA
Now I'm going to marry me a Haole cuz it's all part of this evil plan..=) freaked you out yet? yeah, your mom's Chinese!
ok. I'm gonna stop right here. before I start making myself some enemies with my odd "humor"...we're supposed to be taking over the world secretly and stay hidden from our enemies. back to my hole (hale 3 204A)...Toodles!
I like how our hales have become holes. descriptive enough.
I would've cracked up laughing at that pig! Its sounds like it thought it was a dog wanting to get pet!! my dog is like that...
Sleep is how you cope with your problems? Didn't you sleep through church a lot? =P, just kidding. So a lot of food and humouring drunk people. All in a day's work for Benson boy. Pictures of the blowholes would be nice :hint hint:. Hope you're enjoying yourself.
See, I'm not the only one that saw you sleep through *gasp* church and other stuff all the time =) don't worry, I think it's just a sign of ageing hehe..
ahha, you're getting old! yea, whatever, i'm still older than you.
Add a thought