Work willingly Willy
I know a man, Willy. I really don't know him too well, but I try. I try because people are important and I need them. Willy has hit a rough spot. I have see than he currently has many opportunities but not the faculties to determine the best nor even decide the direction to go. How can this be remedied? How does one get out of a slump like this?
I really just don't know sometimes. However, I think I do know...
3 Thoughts:
Be careful, thinking can be dangerous... =P.
The way I see it personally is that there's two options. Weigh up the opportunities again or close your eyes and jump.
Remember friends and family are faculties available to Willy. Tell him to turn to them, and the Lord, when he does not know where to turn.
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." ~Proverbs 3:5-6
to true good scripture as well my favourite. We all have alot of stuff we have to decided in between and the best way to do it is just trust the lord and take the first step into that darkness. (i think that is from when elder packer visited)
See you soon.
Here's a quote: "The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of people, and then they take themselves out of the slums." -President Ezra Taft Benson.
Now, I don't know if he's in the slums persay, but this works for just about anything (and the quote actually goes on to talk a little more about that, but it's kind of long). Like your friends said, if he trusts in the Lord, then the Lord will make him able to help himself.
Add a thought