May 09, 2005

Silent words spoken

People talk. I am in the classification of people, thus, I talk. Sometimes I don't know what I talk about or shall I say that I don't know what I want to talk about. Some people have a hard time making conversation. Some people have a hard time making it a conversation. I prefer a compromise.

I hope I am not stealing it or anything, but I have said on occasion, "You have one mouth and two ears, use them accordingly." Listening is like watching the sun rise and the dew settle, it has its own value. Talking is like trying to tell a dull story to an audience full of people with coughs. Only if the speech is good enough will the people abstain from the urge to cough. It is often hard to obtain a clarity and a quality of speech.

The important of truth is never fully understood. Truth is a universal constant that the cosmos must abide by. How often do people consider truth in speaking? I submit that it is not considered often enough. People let assumptions and misunderstanding control their perceptions when all they need to do is ask. What is wrong with asking a simple question? What is wrong with asking a complex question that requires more thought than simple arithmetic equation (this depends upon one's math skills). There is a friendly balance between being noise and prying and being fluffy and superficial. If it does not hurt anyone, why not ask? They have the right not to answer. I am delighted when people ask me direct questions that obviously have been on their mind for a while because it show they care to put forth a bit of actually energy to find the truth on a matter. To often are things assume that end up skewing one's perspective or leading them down the well light road of deceit. This mainly happens because people are to scare to ask a question the require more than a simple one sentence answer of quasi-genuine thought.

Most importantly, I think that people talk, and if one has a misconception on a matter that is not resolved, then when discussing it with another person, they can easily pass on the bias to an ignorant victim.

I am a seeker of truth. That is why I embrace my religion. That is why I come to this school. However, with respect to people, I am often deceived, and that is state that a dare not bare.

1 Thoughts:

At 11:25 AM, May 10, 2005, Blogger Vasu Chetty added...

You can talk even when you aren't conscious... ;). Sorry, I thought that was hilarious. I think last night was hilarious in general. You talking to me and then you talking to Su in your sleep, then me talking to Su and then Judge walking in talking to Kelsey and then me talking to Kelsey who was pretending to be Josephina, from England (pretty good accent, but too good) and then Judge talking to Renae, then Judge and I swapped, so I talked to Renae while he talked to Kelsey then you waking up and wondering how you talked to Su in your sleep. And Judge on the phone to Renae about four times (don't ask) and then You on the phone to Su about something and Judge talking to Renae again and then I think I recall Shannon calling me sometime in there. That was a wierd night. Finding Forrestor was a pretty good movie, didn't like how the chick just disappeared at the end, Anna Paquin is cute. I think I only have a hard time making conversation when the other person doesn't hold up their side. I can only talk to myself in front of other people for so long before I get bored. I try and listen more than I speak, people get annoyed at that sometimes and say I need to talk about myself more, but when I ask them what they want to know about me they always say, I don't know. I'm a big fan of finding out answers to complex questions. It was wierd finding out that some people I know were scared the first time they met me because I was "too friendly". Lol, if you told that to some people back home they'd laugh in your face and say "Vasu? Friendly? No way!". I think I've come a long way, I have a longer way to go, but I never thought I could be too friendly... anyways my randomness has run amuck and I've written too much again without addressing any real point I wanted to make. I need more sleep.

Add a thought