August 09, 2007

Aug 9: It is real

I awoke this morning, cleaned, exercised, got ready, studied. Wow, now an unusual morning. By not means am I complaining, because I really have been stretched to learn all that I have. This is good. When I think about my mission, I wonder why I got so lucky here. My latest companion, Elder Nobles, has been a rare treat. We have a hard time communication sometimes and although I have neared the end of my patience a few times, I am really starting to love him too. He is such a hard worker, is obedience, stays focused and now with him as my companion we have really found a lot of wonderful families to teach. Hopeful next week I can tell you about them.

Yesterday was such a great day at the temple. It really takes a long time to understand just small parts, but as long as it comes a little each time. On Tuesday, I was on exchanges in Silang, a nice green area, so we just met at the temple. It was raining hard and I forgot my umbrella, but the missionaries always get small blessings and a temple worker picked us up at the highway. The rain must have continued because on the way back to Dasmarinas, traffic got really bad because of flooding so we missed our entire P-day. Gratefully, we got permission from President to just email today.

Once again, short on time, yet only beginning. Most importantly, I am loving my mission; I am learning so much; and growing so much. My testimony has never been so tangible. I really do feel it. The gospel is not just God's words, commandments, and truth. It is a way of life, the way of life, the only way to live life with true joy. I love the gospel and I love my Savior. I love you all and will say adieu until next week.

0 Thoughts:

Add a thought