July 18: Hope like a fire
Once again humbled and even scared at the responsibility. Elder Bondad has now transferred to Paranaque (my old zone) to finish his mission. My trainee, Elder Perry is still in Bicutan and is worried also because he is now a district leader down there. The bad news over there is that the Parreno family and Jellen Bunag are having problems, but the good good news is that Amelia (sister of Allen Jackson), who I just started teaching before I left, will be baptized on Saturday plus the wife of a less active soon. We met this less active one of my last few days in Bicutan. He called us by the name "Elder" in stead of "Jo" so we knew he knew the missionaries (many people do), so we stopped to find he is a member that does not know where the church is. We gave him the address and he told us that his wife was not a member. We were actually a bit worries because usually in such situations they are not married (I guess they are because she is getting baptized). Well, that very next Sunday he came to church and now his wife will be baptized.
Transfer meeting was great earlier today. It was shear joy to see all my old companions that I love so very much: Elder Batosin, Elder Lopez, Elder Perry. I love being inspired by our amazing leaders. At the height of it, I feel my testimony swell within me as I see the beauty in people, focus on this amazing call from God, and desire the spirits comfort and help. My testimony has grown more than I ever though possible as I have strived to humbly serve the Lord. He really does bless us as we give our all.
It is sad to see a missionary near the end of his mission (Elder Bondad). He only got a little trunky, but he still worked are and has left an amazing impression on the mission. As for myself, I know that all I do must be accounted to the Lord. This is my motivation. And even more than that now, because I can truly say that I love the Lord. I used to always be just a bit puzzled when people say they love the Lord, but now I now why – "how knoweth a man a master whom he hath not serve and…".
My new campanion is Elder Nobles from Bacolod City in Negros Occidental. He is from the same place as Elder Masangcay. He is a very experienced missionary and patient with me so my hopes are high for this transfer.
I love you all so much. My guiding star is prayer so I will not get lost in the storm.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought