May 23: So worth it
The pioneers of old proved their obedience through enduring persecution. As missionaries we prove our obedience through diligence.
The trial that I would be facing right now would have to be giving it all, not just enough to do well. I have never quite learned that in life; always been content with doing well enough. I now understand what the Lord really expects out of me and it just feels heavy sometimes.
The baptism of Jellen Bunag was great. She is just a funny lady that may think of us as her kids. For example, it was her birthday and I naturally had nothing for her. I doubt she received any gifts (expect the incredible gift of conversion), but I had brought some cookies to the baptism. Afterwards, I gave them to her with a clever grin as I said happy birthday. She laugh out loud and playfully pushed me as if I had done something slightly bad. It was a great baptism, even though it started a bit late. A few things to add to the quality: when we arrive at the church we discovered that two kids would be baptized with her. This seems to be a common thing to just have members kids baptized when it is convenient, as if an after thought. Like: "Oh yeah, my kids is eight now and can be baptized. Well there is a baptism on Tuesday. Let's just throw him in the water on that day too." It was fun though. I baptized one of them and then get a dinner appointment with the family to celebrate his baptism. My companion liked that. It was also great to hear Cythia Parreno, just baptized, speak. She was so worried, but did an amazing job; truly a blessing.
Mercado family came to church thankfully. They are the cutest family. We are now looking for more families to baptize. We are worried about the Bacal family, but they still of much hope.
Love the work, and trying to get more lost. Working hard but soon to put in even more effort. Just trying to give it all. Thanks again for your love and prayers. They are my biggest blessings here.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought