July 11: It just happens
My entire life I have always wondered if I was not born into the church would I seek it out and become a member. Well, just yesterday or so, I received a little tender mercy. As I was walking down the street on the way to some investigators, while I was thinking about why people reject this message, it hit me. I could not accept that life was an accident, or that God's purposes would be so vague, or that God intended such strife among religions. I would seek. This brought such comfort to my heart. I truly love the Lord. I feel dumb trying to put to words the blessings I have been given. My mission surely has been the best thing I have down up to this point in my life. I will never so being grateful for this privilege and to all those that have help me get to this point.
With so much possibility for a huge church turnout last Sunday, I cannot say I was not a little disappointed, for the masses have not get come to drink deeply from the living water, but two young daughters of a recent convert did come in addition to those others nearing baptism. One nearing baptism is Arnold Cantimbuhan. We were just talking to him the other day about his conversion. He talked about wanting to be a member when he was young but no one ever invited him. He had seen the missionaries pass by his house many times so he though there was some requirement for the missionaries to visit. Finally, one day he heard his family trying to reject the missionaries, so he came outside and listened. Just a few weeks ago he gave up smoking. We are working on his family now who did not come to church last week because they just slept in. They understand on the mercy that God has granted.
Loreta Sanyez is a member who was baptized in Hong Kong while working over there, and now just returned home. Her daughters Beng (19) and Leng (21) – not my first choice for an investigator, but I came to teach those who are ready – they are quite busy so we just now were able to teach them regularly and they have a testimony now.
Wow, that was a fun experience! So I almost forgot to mention that I have has LBM (loose bowel movements) for the last day or so. I expect to lose some weight because my stools are so very liquidy. Just now feeling my bowels stir, I quickly ran to this internetshops bathroom (or CR for comfort room) and relaxed. Unfortunley, I had an experience that reminded me of my father in China (or on one of his trips). Gratefully, I had been wise to bring my own TP and then used the water bucket to clean the restroom. I left it in good condition, but would have felt horrible if someone had walking in as I was trying to hold the door shut that was being opened by the wind because of the lack of a lock.
I hate to leave on that note, but the mission is a great place. Don't worry. This has only been the third time I have been sick. Nothing serious. And I am watching what I eat and drink. In fact, I don't even know how I got this one, but I plan to learn from it.
Remember the promises of the Lord, for they are many and shall all be fulfilled.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought