May 30, 2007

May 30: He knows

Even joy does not come without work, but a time to relax is also needed. That is why we have Sundays and for missionaries P-days. A lot has been going on the last while.

We seemed to have mentioned to the members that I may be transferred soon, consequently, we have been feed more lately. Nanay Mahusay, a filthy rich member who's purpose in life is to feed the missionaries (or so it seems), has been feeding us more. Jellen Bunag who just became our newest member here in Bicutan thinks of us now as her kids (I don't know how that started). She fellowships herself. We dropped a nearby member to invite her to Jellen's baptism last week – we had not introduced them nor seem them talk at church – but apparently she had just visited earlier that day. In any event, she is now best friends with Cynthia Parreno so they now get together to plan what they will feed us next. It is nice. I love them to dead, but I have never been all about the members feeding us. Oh yes, and that other member is Sis. Andaya who now asked when she will cook for us next. Her intentions are pure, but she also asked Elder Perry to fund her daughters' mission in a few years. I do not think that will work out, but I don't know. She does have a cool son who works with us are brought two of his friends to church.

I feel like I was transferred already this week because I just got back to my area a bit ago. On Monday we did a zone service project in Paranaque. I must mention that Paranaque is a populated city so it was strange to find a farm here. But the zone leaders did and we pulled weeds and water there. It was quite fun, especially to see the amazing devise they use to water. Afterwards, I went on exchanges with Elder Caser (we had lunch appointment). The next day (Tuesday) I went on exchanges with Elder Parinas, a new elder in the zone who replaced Elder Fojas who was only here two weeks. I learned a lot from him and we developed a strong relationship quickly. He is 27 years old, worked on a rice farm to save up for his mission, the only members in his family, and the day before he left to the MTC discovered that his parents had actually spent his mission savings. In spite of the many trials, he is here serving the Lord still. I love him even more for that. So this morning we had our zone activity, which happen to be the most creative zone activity I have seen. We went to the landmark in our zone – a organ made from bamboo in a old Catholic church. Then finger painted scriptures stories and ate a bit of pizza that Nanay Mahusay paid for. The finger painting was actually fun, but my companion lost his on the way home.

That is how that goes. So now I am happy to be back in my own area with my own companion. I have so much work to do here because our investigators did not come to church and the new people we have found were dropped quite quickly. As long as the heart is in the right place and working hard, we are blessed. That is my plan for this next half week.

Minamahal ko and bawat isa sa inyong nagbabasa ng mga isinusulat ko dito at nananalangin para sa akin. Sige.

1 Thoughts:

At 3:12 AM, May 31, 2007, Blogger Bill's Musings added...

Aloha, Elder Benson
Received your email through Nathan today. We think of you and pray for your continued health and success. We miss you here at BYU Hawaii. SIFE was great fun again this year but we missed your input and participation. We completed some projects in the Philippines this year with the help of some students from the Philippines. I'll email more later. Best wishes on your mission and work with the great people in the Philippines.

Add a thought