Why me... why not?
So, I missed sacrament meeting today. Yep, I went to bed pretty late last night, but that is only part of the blame. I set my alarm to wake me up at 8:20 AM, but I did not actually turn it on. It turns out that the guy I told last night to stop by in the morning did not come by. Instead, two other guys came by. Neither woke me up. I eventually woke up at a quarter to 10:00, got ready and made it for Sunday school. I had a good day regardless. I went to 16th ward for sacrament and saw Carera there. It was nice to see another ward for a change, but I really like my ward.
One really learns to love by serving. That is even truer than most people give credit. I believe that is the key to a loving relationship. In addition, it applies to the church as well. The more time and resources a person put into something, the closer they get to it. The church is the same way, which is why there is wisdom in everyone having a calling. They put time and energy into the church and they get a love and appreciation for it.
A person’s age is a characteristic that cannot be changed. If a person does not like his or her personality, he or she can change it. If a person does not like his or her size or talents, both can be improved in one way or another. However, age is something that cannot be hidden from. I am just glade that most people that get to know me know don’t ask my age right way – they just assume me to be older than I am. And it is not that I want to be older for the sake of being older. It is that some people treat you different because of you age. I don’t really like that.
Life moves on and so do I, thus, I close this entry.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought