May 07, 2008

May 7: Its not over yet

It is one of my greatest joys to see my family choose the path of righteousness and rejoice in the gospel. I am so happy for Ben, Elder Benson Jr., that words cannot describe my feelings right now. Ben, you do not know how often I prayed that you would serve a mission for the Lord! The email from Limson was such a treat. It did not sound like Limson at all. I am sure his English is better than mine now and I hope he still has his accent or I may not recognize him. Both he and Nate spoke of sprinting to the end and how I feel such a determination to do so.

I have found it hard to find a phone so I will just call you in the next few days, even if I have to use my cell phone, and let you know what the plan is from there. I think Saturday morning would be the best time, or even next Wednesday because we have quite a few baptisms and interview, plus a special morning side by President Costa on Monday.

We just came from my last transfer meeting. Surly time cannot go this fast. It is unreal. I realize I have such little time left, but I am far from that lazy trunkyness some slacker missionaries feel. Elder Sutcliffe, a missionary who was first assigned to Dasma where I met him and is now serving her as a district leader, is training as well as two other missionaries in this zone. Elder Acob is still my companion and it appears he will be the one to watch me die. It all sounds dreary but it seems that I only have a handful of P-days left to take care of business. Please let me know now if there is anything I need to do before you come. I have been thinking about tailoring a suite. Also Nathan and Tyler, what are your plans for the laptop swap?

Never have I see a ward so excited for missionary work. I am surprised that I like downtown Manila so much. Bro. Rolly Las-ay is one of the councilors in the Bishopric in the singles ward so with his zeal for missionary work plus a new strategy of ours, we really have see the member invite more of their friends to learn about the Gospel. The strategy is not really new, we just have not been doing it. We more than just ask the members who we can teach, but ask who they can prepare to be taught. Then we give them ideas to prepare them and have them set a goal when. Just last Sunday a member brought a friend from class who had been taught by the missionaries before and after teaching the first lesson, we discovered she already had a testimony. She will be baptized on June 21 because of her CPA test this next two weeks.

Like every other missionary that has gone because more, I wish that I could begin my mission with all I know now. Yet the Lord is still pleased with my ineffective sacrifice. The spirit truly can become one's constant companion. This I know to be true. I will work harder than ever before and try to let more funny or gross stories (at Limson's request).

0 Thoughts:

Add a thought