Apr 30: Faith grows deep
The Lord is just so good to us. Have I gained a testimony of learning by the spirit? I thought I understood why baptism is importance, what humility is, and why Heavenly Father created this plan for us. Although I have a deeper understanding of such, what I understand more now is how much there is to learn and improve. Pondering and desiring such knowledge are requirements to be taught by the spirit.
This week has been much more normal than last week. I hope next week will not bring big changes, because transfers are approaching and I hope to die here. Elder Acob and I have been really trying to teach shorter lessons so we can be more effective. I hate to short change some rushing through a lesson, but there are so many other people we can teach if only we teach more concisely. I really feel the need give my all since the time is near when I will not be able to serve the Lord full-time as I am now.
I feel like I just talked to you so I don't know if I am ready for another call. Especially since I know what kind of stuff we will be talking about. I will look for a landline. What day would like to talk? I think morning is best.
In the next few weeks we will see another three people baptized. Sister Hidalgo is a nut. Her family is away and she does not have a full-time job so she studies the Book of Mormon and pamphlets every day. Without us having to teach such, she is dressing nicer, praying better, and understands the gospel so much better now. I believe it is a product of her diligent reading of the scriptures. Shayne Cacho is the sister of a member who just returned from the Middle East and is also very consistent in reading the scriptures. Her testimony has just grown and grown. Before, she was reluctant to be baptized so fast (almost 2 months), but now she is ready and excited. Mary Flor is a friend of Kathy, both of which are deaf. Mary Flor got sick when she was young and thus lost her hearing when she was 10 years old. Because she first learned Tagalog when speaking, and then English Sign Language, she has a hard time understanding because her grammar is so messed up. Reading is even harder for her, but the Lord has blessed her and after teaching her for a while now she is about ready for baptism.
May you all feel the Lord's love as you do His will. I love you all.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought