May 28: ALL your might
We just got back from the temple. What a sweet reunion. Three families from my second area on Palawan had just gotten seals and I saw them there. Then I was my beloved former companion Mark Bondad. He will be getting married soon. I also saw some other missionaries I have serve with here. We took Jade, an amazing young man who will be baptized next week, and Hervie, a member who has recently become active. Later, they and all the single adults will be going to Baguio for the next few days for their YSA Conference. They are all excited. The ward is so supportive. They are taking Jade although he is not yet a member.
It is becoming harder and harder to imagine that my life will abruptly change in just a few weeks. There is just not enough time. I was on exchanges yesterday with a brand new missionary, Elder Funk from Idaho, and I could not help but think, "Lets trade places. I have so much to learn and now that I have at least half of it down they are sending me home." I loved Patricia's comparison of going home. She said that we all must die to be resurrected. I look forward to starting a family, but I certainly do not have any prospects right now. My eye is not singled on such for there is still so much to do.
Now about my decision to go to Cebu for a month or stay in Saipan, the decision to go to Cebu has always felt good. I really don't know who much help I can be over there since I have forgotten everything and I really can't see how much it will help in the long run, but after much thought a prayer, I still feel that going is the best decision. I will not stay any longer than others who go unless Mark gets married in August. So I still hope to see Bilgee and I don't doubt that I will learn a lot and sharpen my skills for whatever help I can lend it Saipan. I imagine I will be in Saipan until at least Christmas, but I really don't know what is in store for me after that. I still want to pursue a PhD but won't think about that anymore until after my mission.
I will just close by give a few thoughts to my favorite younger brother, Ben. If anyone asks your name Ben, you can just tell them and they will probably think you are joking. What mom said is true; we just cannot comprehend how much the Lord loves us and really has placed opportunities in our life to lead us towards happiness. You cannot imagine how happy you can become if you just stop worrying about yourself and serve the Lord. I always tell the missionaries here, "He is only asking for ALL of your heart, might, mind, and strength. Nothing more." I am so proud of you. I know you will do excellent.
I love you all. Keep praying for me; it is not over yet.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought