May 22: Intense
I no longer carry a calendar so I don't have to watch the days fly by like banana trees in a super typhoon. We had a storm a few days ago so it really flooded. The scary thing about the floods here is you don't want to imagine how disgusting the water really is because of all the bacteria and pollution. My shoes are holding up. I am writing to you on Thursday because yesterday was my last zone conference so I was obliged to bare my testimony. My testimony has grown is so many different ways I did not know where to begin. I guess the highlight was about having the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. I sure have felt it these last few months more than ever before.
Andrew who you talked to on the phone last week got fired or quite, I am not sure. His supervisor was almost forcing him to accept the job in London, and although a very tempting offer, Andrew never felt good about the job. Andrew is just fine because his older brother who has is own business in Canada now supports him and his whole family now wants him to serve a mission. His older brother lives in Canada but visited a few months ago and persecuted Andrew for joining the church. He returned to Canada taking Andrew's journal and a copy of the Book of Mormon and secretly found and accepted the missionaries over there. He now is preparing for baptism. It's a crazy story. He will have to tell you when you get here. I asked him to join us for a few days while you are here. We have really gotten close. I was not the one who baptized him, but I have been here to help him through all his biggest trials.
Last Saturday, we baptized Shayne. The spirit was so strong; I was shocked her brother or boy friend did not feel anything. She truly has been born again and it brings me joy to see such.
I don't have the number or anything to call or contact anyone for a get-together at the chapel of Bishop Awit so if you could tell everyone you know. The Buendia chapel would be the best place because everyone here knows where it is. I don't know if he has access to that chapel, but another choice would be to have it here in Sampaloc at the Manila Institute of Religion building. Our chapel is connected to it and many people know how to get here. Just tell me next week where we want to have if or if we cannot have it at Bishop Awit's chapel so I can set that up. I think maybe that first Wednesday would be the best time for that. Where will we stay? That is enough of that for now.
I will not let these last precious moments pass without a fight. I love my mission too much to stop working hard at this point. I love you all too.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought