Feb 7: Still learning
Getting accustomed to my new surroundings, I faced a new trial this week: fatigue. Fortunately, I deflected another incoming dart that presented itself as sometimes resembling hopelessness. For almost my entire mission I have waken up and fallen asleep consistently. Strangely, without an apparent change, but body for a couple of days was constantly tired on the boarder of sleep. The work did not really suffer, and the sacrifice made me more humble and grateful. Not if I would have let the other firey dart penetrate, I am not sure if I could have handled the fatigue. On Friday night, we had a PEC meeting the more resembled a military planning meeting – us against all the enemies. It was interesting and a one times thing. Will hard work, sacrifice, love, and diligence we will improve this area, Bicutan.
Bicutan is actually one of the more urban areas. Yards do not exist because the houses are amazingly built by just filling in free space. Yet they still have home addresses here or missionary work would me much harder. It is dubbed a swatter area because that is who mostly live here. Concerning the work, it seems a bit easier because the people are more humble, there are more people, and a lot less fence sitters (lukewarm or careless towards religion).
On Sunday we had Stake conference which was great. We were able to take two families of investigators, plus and load of members because we chartered a jeepney (mini-local-type-bus). The Canlas family will be finished being baptized this Saturday (the father and daughter went before the mother and son). They are a great humble family who truly has a testimony because there live was completely changed after giving up drinking and enjoying the spirit in their lives.
We have found many other new investigators, but I am not too familiar with them all. Are mission goal for each companionship is 16 new investigators a week and 4 baptisms a month. I have no idea what other missions are like but I do know that the work here is moving so fast that it is hard to keep the needed skills fresh and trained. I forgot to talk about my companion, but he is good too. I feel I have been blessed with all great companions and will explain more next week.
I love the Lord and I love this work. I will fight a good fight and finish this course. Thank you for your love, thoughts, and prayers.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought