December 07, 2006

Dec 6: Dapat walang ikinalulungkot

Thank you Mom & Dad,

I love you all so much and still pray for you. I reflect upon my past life and my mission now and cannot help, but be so grateful for everything that has helped me arrive at this point.

This week has been a bit slow because I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders so for the last three days I have been working up here in Puerto while my companion is down in Roxas. It was fun today because for P-Day we visited a crocodile zoo that has monkeys and other neat animals. Monkeys were cool but even cooler is that a number of houses have monkeys chained up outside as pets. I feel somewhat bad because the people still treat them like animals (because they are). Even my companion likes to needlessly tease and even hurt them a bit for entertainment. There is a reason that missionaries should not congregate in public, because maturity drops – I exclude not myself although I did nothing to hurt the animals.

The members in Roxas are still great. This last Sunday, our sacrament meeting was rather crazy because we had nine people confirmed and then a number of members bare testimonies. Then for Relief Society and Elder’s Quorum, there was a large planning meeting for the upcoming Christmas party. I am excited for the Christmas party (so long as I don’t get transferred), but spiritual nourishment is more important. It is hard that we don’t even have a chapel to meet in.

My companion, Elder Batosin, is Ilongo, but speaks Visayan. He has learned Tagalog quite well already, but he speaks so fast that we have a hard time communicating sometimes. I really have been blessed with my companions. This does not mean everything is perfect, but it means that it is better than I expected. I have still had to learn a large measure of humility and patience as we all do, but my prayers have been answered.

My time is up. I love you all, but most go. Please don’t worry about me – but continue to pray if you are because I need it. I am trying to focus the best I can and this may mean that at times I forget all about you, but I still love you and am just trying to give all my time and effort to the Lord. I am still indebted.

0 Thoughts:

Add a thought