January 23, 2007

Jan 23: Strength from storm

The real important secrets to life are revealed to God’s prophets in each time period; God plan of happiness for His children. Some men have fallen for natural man and thus become insensitive to anything spiritual. Others have been yearning for the spirit in there lives so long, it is easy to for their hearts to follow when they find it. Then others just need encouragement until then get a good grip on the sure rod, and then they will see the light and strive to hold on.

I think I am the last of the three types of men mentioned above, but I am so grateful to be lead to the rod while I was young, and that I learned to hold on. We found type two family within the last few weeks, and they have been more eager to cling to light than anyone I have seen previous. More correctly put, the Bragais family found us. They came to church two weeks ago with the Velerang family, both of which are two very young couples unmarried. We ran out of Book of Mormons or mga Aklat ni Mormon a few weeks ago so when first teaching Bragais they had to share a book with the Velerang family. On the second or third visit they recognized the peace in answer to their prayers and committed to be baptized in February. We taught a short but important lesson on the Word of Wisdom and they accepted it without hesitation. Most people want to know why coffee is forbidden. Our next lesson for them will be the Ten Commandments where we will explain to them about the need for marriage. I pray that they will be just as eager to follow.

While with a small brigade of members teaching these to families the first time, we did not know where Salvador lived, which is Bro. Bragais’ first name. Nanay Yanie, an awesome member here this will always feed the missionaries if they go to her place, said that she knew them and thus took us to the Salvador’s house. This Salvador (first name Heil) has wanted to be taught for a while now and even been referred a few times without any follow-up. So we taught that family, who on the next visit asked how to repent, and then found and taught Salvador Bragais and his wife with the Velerang family. They now all have baptismal dates, however Velerang will be a while because the wife is only 17 and must wait until her birthday in the summer to get married.

I really cannot say that I found this people so much as the Lord has blessed me to be here when they were ready. Obedience is so important so we can qualify for the blessing of being the Lord’s instrument when we need it. Thank you all for your love and prayers and please do not stop because I cannot do this alone.

0 Thoughts:

Add a thought