Feb 21: Unforgettable
The week has been immaculate. I cannot say I have attended a better fireside. We were taught from on high last Monday when Elder Scott spoke at a special zone conference. Before it started he shook everyone’s all the missionaries’ hands – except for those on Palawan because they were not able to come. This experience only is enough to make me grateful to be in Manila. He spoke of goals, spiritually (missionary skills is not enough), revelation, the Holy Ghost, prayer, and others inspiriting topics. I wished it would never end. It is amazing what intelligence comes to a man that is truly living God’s laws. His concluding testimony was like none other I have previously heard. He left no doubt in my mind that he knows that Christ lives. Learning to retain that magnitude of the spirit and then sharing it with other is what this work is about. The gospel, righteousness, the ordinances; such things truly bring happiness to lives because the spirit comes into life. We are not physical creatures that have spiritually experiences. We are spiritual beings that feel unnatural when we don’t obey the laws of God.
I shall not finish my sermon, but needless to say, I was truly edified.
The morally strong Allan Jackson (part American, but Filipino) played basketball with us today at a members apartment. Allan is progressing amazingly. He has no vices because of some health problem that does not seem to hinder him except he does not work. He reads the Book of Mormon more than I can, and truly delights in the spirit it brings. He arrived at church last Sunday at 7:00AM when church starts at 7:30AM but actually started at 8:00AM. He did not mind at all. He even brought the kids he takes care of even though he is still single.
Another great investigator we were blessed to find is Bro. Marcelo. About a week or so ago we were walking by his house at night and I ask my companion if we had visited the house before. He said no, but it seemed familiar so I tried it out. They let us in and he has been progress ever since. Although he is busy every day at work, is separated from his wife, and stays with his sister. He came to church the first week we taught him.
I love this work in a way that works cannot express. The Lord has seen it fit to humble me as far as I would permit and now I am just trying to give myself up the rest of the way. I know that prayers have helped and I am eternally grateful for the influence of the gospel in my life, and then also for the impact of my incredible family and other such people that have directed my life.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought