Nov 21: Thanks for the fun
This week has been quite eventful, so I will try to fit it all in. It all started Friday night when my companion, Elder Masangcay, and the Zone Leader, Elder Bondad, went down to Roxas for baptismal interviews. I was with Elder Clark who is the trainer for my MTC companion, Elder Murray. So worked in their area first and then worked in my area that night, and man a lot of strange things happened.
First our white guy, James Chambers, graciously gave back the Book of Mormon with no real explanation. We still talked with him for a bit hoping that we could get more out of him, but he completely avoided the subject. He still believed the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet daw. Then our busy man, Bro. Constantino, we were finally able to get a hold of, told us that he was being charge from something unclean dealing with him trying to help these young girls get to Manila. But he still reads every day and so does his friends now daw. Our good friend Gelido still wants to know, is still really nice, but has not yet really acted.
So we went home to have a Milo fest in which we did a Hello-slam (an candy bar that resembles a TimTam that tastes almost as good). It is just Elder Clark and I at home because our companions our in Roxas, but at about 5:00 in the morning we get a knock on the door, our room door, not the front door. It is our companions who are back from Roxas eairly because Elder Neilson has a kidney and appendix problem that was quite urgent. We all sleep and the day starts of normally until we get a call in which we now have to go help get tickets to Manila for the Elder Neilson. Long story short we get the tickets after some haggling, some running across town, and redeeming some blessing we receive as missionaries, and they make barely make the flight.
So Palawan is now two elders short so to compensate, the new area is now closed again and I get transferred to Roxas, the most remote area in our zone, and maybe Palawan so probably even the mission. I pack all my things and the new senior couple takes us, Elder Batosin (my new companion) and I, down to Roxas (this is now Saturday evening). Roxas is amazing. It is a small town or village with about 6,000 people and about a three hour drive through the mountains to the next city, Puerto Princessa. The branch is small, rugged, but quite homey. The members constantly work with and feed the missionaries.
This morning, we wake up at 3:30 to catch the 4:00 shuttle that drives around Roxas for a half and hour looking for people to take to Puerto. Arriving a Puerto at about 7:30 this morning, pretty much sleeping the entire way as the little shuttle makes sharp turns, brakes for new passengers, and as the sun peaks over the horizon the penetrate my eyelids. But all of the was worth it because the Worlys, the new senior couple that arrived about two weeks ago, single-handedly cooked this enormous American feast in honor of Thanks Giving. I wish I could go into more details because the food was so good and there was so much, I could not give it justice.
Missionaries are given so many blessings that it is horrible when they do become ungrateful or selfish. I am so grateful to be a missionaries and so grateful for all the prayers and help from the members across the world. Roxas will be a new adventure, but I will not forget the things I have learned.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought