Week 7: A battle worth fighting
Wake up; pray for a sword and shield to withstand the day; battle for a shower that fluctuates in temperature; put on the only close that we have, our amour and uniform. Missions are as good as you make them. Some people don’t care to pray for their sword and shield while others don’t even try to fight a battle. There are many types of people here and the best are those they do everything, obey everything, and give everything.
This is what I am trying to do, and it is harder than I thought. Sometimes I wonder of eight hours of sleep will ever be enough. The hardest person to fight is yourself: your own pride, your own insecurities, and your own sleepiness. I admit that sometimes I lose the sleep battle and doze, but not without regret. We are being tutored and train for life and how we can survive to the end and bring this victory to others so when I fall asleep it is as if I am neglecting the battle orders.
It is even harder when you are in the front or if you are suppose to relay the orders because than more people are counting on you and you are more accountable for any failure. You cannot slack a bit and let others carry the weight because they will follow. Millions of souls are fighting each day and sometimes we are ever just put in charge of a few. Our Captain knows what we can handle when He gives us the call, but this does not mean it will not be hard or stretch us to reach further than before.
We always learn and we always should. I am at a point were learning is and must come faster because the storm is raging nearer and I wonder if my fortress is ready to be weathered. I know where my foundation must stand to survive and I am doing all I know to fortify it so, but the preparation is tedious. Every crack and flaw must be reworked and mended before it is ready for the fight. Our greatest mercy is that our Captain has given us every tool, pointed us the direction, and even taken the casualties from our lost battles so long as we come to him and recognize our error.
We don’t have to lose, ever. We have the greatest Captain, the greatest Leader, even the greatest Man the world has ever known. He will strengthen us if we fatigue and mend us when we are wounded. We just have to stay near His side and heed His every command.
--------------
These have been some of my feelings as of late. It is hard and long, but we can overcome. Each day is a new obstacle and the solutions are all written down by wiser, inspired men before me; I just have to take the time to read, apply, and prepare.
My companion is an awesome elder. I am disappointed that we aren’t the best of friends. It is almost impossible to discover what is holding us back because it is so small. Am I not putting in enough effort or is it he? I don’t know, but I do know that we are together for a reason and the Lord is the one who directs this work. My time at the MTC is coming to a close so I pray I learn those things that I need before I am put within the crossfire. I will write only one more time from the MTC
I hope and pray you are all doing so very well and I know you can be if your focus is in the right place and on the right person. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
Elder Justin Benson
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought