March 21, 2007

Mar 21: Not my house

It is so much fun seeing a child take his first few steps. In reality, I don’t really know, but seeing progress in a man’s life is invigorating. That is the joy in training. I get to see first hand the changes and progress of Elder Perry as he starts his mission. I have been a struggling mentally with the idea that much of the area now depends upon me, but my burden has been softened and we are still having just as much success, even more actually.

I was able to attend the temple for the second time this week here in the Philippines, and it seems that before there was so much I did not understand. I love the spirit but made one mistake after the session. There are members the come to the temple on missionary temple days to sell missionary stuff. That naturally cannot sell on the temple grounds so they just wait at the entrance. I have not seen too many but sometimes it still is distracting from the spirit. Well, we were waiting for the shuttle to return back home and in trying to be a good trainer, I introduced Elder Perry to a lady selling rings. She too was waiting for the bus, but pulled out some rings while we were on the temple ground and showed us some. Fortunately, a temple worker sitting nearby saw and lightly chastised us. I felt bad for the respect I showed for the Lord’s house and have since repented.

The Rapada family is preparing to be baptized in the next week; all expect the father who is still opposed. He has given permission so the kids were happy after attending church for more than a year. Allan Jackson is doing his own preaching now. He has friends he visits the share the gospel with. I love his zeal and we will now impress upon is mind the importance of involving the missionaries in missionary work; it is as if he want to teach them alone. He already expressed the desire for his own name badge. Our church attendance was the lowest it has been in a while, but next week looks very hopeful.

I am glade that they’ve called me on a mission, now that I have grown a foot or two. Months ago, I was praying to become lost in the work and the Lord has slowly been answering my prayers.

0 Thoughts:

Add a thought