March 21, 2007

Mar 14: Expecting!

Wow. Transfer meeting came and we expected my companion would be leaving, but I was not expected his replacement. As we call it here in the mission, I will be having a child, or simple put, I will be training a baby missionary and will be able to see his first steps as he becomes a great instrument to the Lord. Once again as my assignment has been given, I feel inadequate. I feel unequal to the task, but then the faith inside me tells me otherwise. It is a call from God, and I cannot fail if I trust and follow him.

Elder Acob’s new companion will be Elder Walker who is a 6’8’’ basketball player that was with me in the MTC. Our trunky zone leader, Elder Bravo is now home, but replaced by another homewardbound missionary, Elder Freckleton. Elder Murray, Masangcay, and Sister Svedi are still in the zone.

Right now I am with two other elders who are also training. This morning was transfer meeting where we all meet to exchange companions. We will be meeting all the new arrivals later this afternoon; we are assigned to work with them in our areas this night. Then sleep in the mission home and find out tomorrow who we will be training.

Other news: The last week as been rather hectic – even excluding the training news. On Friday we held weekly planning at the other apartment. I went on exchanges with Elder Ma’afu which was fun, and maybe a break for him because his companion, Elder Castro, is quite trunky. Then Saturday morning, there were three baptismal interviews in two areas followed by the baptism of Allan Jackson, then FHE with the RS. Sunday was trying, but my faith grew as I just put my trust in God and worked hard.

I feel the spirit everyday and feel horrible to see other missionaries waste this most amazing experience of a mission. I love it and am sure it will never be forgotten.

I am sorry it is short, but I now have two other elders waiting on me.

0 Thoughts:

Add a thought