Week 10: Savoring the taste
The dichotomy of the day: time slows down as you approach the speed of light; however, it also slows down as you slow down. There is so much for me down do, and consequently, I have no time to worry the outside world as you all know it. This brings me no pains except that I know you will all be so different upon my return. I must hope that change will be for the best. Fortunately I spent only an inconsequential time thing about this and the rest of the time engaged in a much great work: missionary work.
My desired attribute as of late has been following the spirit – in teaching, tracking, acting, in all pursuits. This good story may be a byproduct. A focus of our mission is to find families because this gospel blesses families most and teaching one is so much more natural. In any event, we work walking down the street, intent on finding, and whether it was the children in the house making joyful chanter, I don’t know, but unified in step both my companion and I turn towards the entrance to introduce the gospel of joy. Unfortunately, lasing siya (he was drunk), but we happily rescheduled a return visit. The next day was only his younger unmarried brother. So we returned again at another time when he was not there again, but he just happen to before we left. We were able to teach the family the first lesson and rejoice. We return again, and through is brother scheduled another visit. Right before our appointed return time he saw us on the side of the road and requested we return tomorrow at 5:00; the joy to know that he cares and is eager for us to return. We return to teach and his sincerity invited the spirit in as we taught. The story only gets better between him answering questions for his wife (yes, she will read; no, she cannot pray, I will), not having a joy, and working out all the time (so he is huge). This is the Constantino Family and I really have hope for them.
I have been able to focus better lately on my mission and not think, dwell, or even worry about other worldly things and serve only to distract me right now. This does not mean I have not though about this. We have an elder, Redfern, who is going home in a matter of days and so naturally we have talked about afterlife in our apartment at nights. There is so much to hope for and to be had and earned in life that the thoughts are sometimes exciting. On the other hand, I have barely planed or prepared for anything after my mission and there is so much left unknown. The peace I receive comes from knowing that I am doing God’s work foremost, and need not worry about such events after yet.
I so love being a missionary, but it would be so horrible and hard if I were not here for the right reason nor giving my trust to whom it belongs. “God is at the helm. He will overrule for the good of this work. He will shower down blessings upon those that walk in obedience to his commandments.” I could be doing not greater thing right now.
0 Thoughts:
Add a thought